Hunting Looped Tubes: 1842
1842 bands are ideal for those who prefer a heavier target weight band
A long-time favourite of the Asian slingshot enthusiast, many Western shooters are now enjoying the performance, simplicity, and durability of small-diameter looped tubular bands.
All bands are built around three ranges of draw length:
- Small – Up to 78cm(448-480%)
- Medium – 78cm-89cm(450-477%)
- Large – 89cm and Up (450-475%)
Each will display an elongation factor of 450-480% within each range. If you wish to increase the speed of a bandset (increase elongation factor) choose the draw length range below your actual draw length.
Example: If you have a 81cm draw length and prefer an elongation factor of 550%, choose the 71cm- 76cmdraw length for the preferred tubing size. Please note that increasing the elongation factor shortens band life.
– Single strand 2040 is excellent for lighter ammo such as 8mm steel and marbles while shot in a doubled (looped) configuration, it can be very effective for 11mm.
– 1842 is an excellent choice for shooting 9.5mm steel in a single-strand configuration up to 12mm steel or 12mm lead in a doubled or ‘looped’ configuration.
– 1745 in a looped setup is excellent for shooting heavy ammo.
– 1632 in a looped setup is great for shooting smaller ammo like 8mm.